BostonGene Corporation is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution continuously aggregates the latest cancer research and clinical information from around the world. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and integration of scientific and clinical knowledge.
This Client Services Specialist role is primarily responsible for maintaining communication between BostonGene and its clients (Ordering Physicians, Patients, Care teams, Pathology send out teams) to ensure the smooth flow of all orders from initial generation to receipt of the lab report. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in the clinical research, pathology or diagnostic industry.
- Work closely with the Sales managers, BostonGene laboratory and R&D, Pathology send out teams, other support personnel to provide the highest level of clients support and satisfaction.
- Assist clients (including oncology care team, Pathology send out team and other support personnel) with the test placement documentation, specimen acquisition process, and results delivery throughout the BostonGene testing process.
- Comply with HIPAA requirements while operating to keep Protected Health Information (PHI) secure and private.
- Establish a frequent communication schedule with care teams, pathology send out teams, and BostonGene teams (leadership, laboratory, R&D, etc.) to exchange client feedback, success stories, challenges and best-practices.
- Provide appropriate value customer information and updates via CRM.
- Develop and maintain practical knowledge of competitive products, services, technology solutions, and reimbursement/billing issues.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with key personnel in assigned accounts and escalate issues when customer satisfaction is jeopardized.
- Maintain all assigned company assets including laptop computer, iPhone, etc.
- Submit all necessary paperwork, including travel itineraries, trip reports, activity reports, monthly reports, expense, and service reports, as required, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supports physicians and care teams with the complexity of the ordering and interpretation of the BG platform, and QC report quality/accuracy which may require access to detailed protected health information (PHI).
- Previous experience of 2+ years of successful Project management, Account Management or Sales support experience is required
- Oncology experience preferred
- Pharma, Medical Device, or Diagnostic experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated decision-making ability towards solving problems, and effectively communicating these solutions to co-workers and customers
- General understanding of business policies and practices
- Must be a self-starter requiring little supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- High degree of personal organization and ability to multitask
- Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of proprietary software programs
- Bachelor’s degree required