BostonGene Corporation is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution continuously aggregates the latest cancer research and clinical information from around the world. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and the integration of scientific and clinical knowledge.
We are seeking a highly motivated Clinical Laboratory Molecular Technologist who will lead daily activities in the BostonGene Laboratory.
- Receive all clinical samples on a daily basis
- Register each sample received and prepare the sample for processing
- Assemble shipping kits and mail to clients on demand
- Prepare sample return shipments upon request
- Assist with DNA and RNA extractions and potentially other NGS related lab tasks
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Complete projects fitting of level of expertise and be able to deliver results with minimum guidance
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance checks
- Order and maintain adequate supplies of all reagents and consumables
- Review and write SOPs as needed
- Participate in reagent and assay quality control and validations as needed
- Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols.
- Ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
- Knowledge and experience working with DNA manipulation techniques, enzymatic reactions, and sequencing chemistry.
- Familiarity with high through-put platforms and common molecular laboratory equipment (pipettes, thermocyclers, liquid handlers, etc.).
- Experience with ensuring and maintaining integrity and quality of the lab (sample processing, equipment, SOPs).
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Well organized with excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP).
- Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Working knowledge in a NGS environment.
- Minimum BS in a Biological or Life Science.