BostonGene Corporation is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution continuously aggregates the latest cancer research and clinical information from around the world. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics, and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and the integration of scientific and clinical knowledge.
The Corporate Controller will perform a strategic role for the company as a financial leader and will help scale the finance organization required to support the growing business. The Corporate Controller is responsible for managing and overseeing all facets of our accounting operations, including monthly financial close cycle, financial reporting, cash management, budgeting and forecasting, internal controls, policy development, payroll management, payables & receivable management, and corporate tax filings.
Oversee the activities of the Corporate Finance organization for accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, annual budgets, and monthly reporting, including:
- Management of the global accounting operations setting effective policies and practices.
- Perform and coordinate month-end consolidated reporting processes and the year-end closing process.
- Perform monthly financial reporting and quarterly Board of Directors reporting, including budget analysis.
- Manage the annual audit and year end closing activities.
- Monitor and maintain adequate accounting and reporting systems including coordination and integration of the billing management system with the general ledger.
- Partner with other organizational leaders to drive efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Coordinate tax provision and tax return activities with 3rd party providers.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash control, treasury operations, payroll processing and payroll tax compliance.
- Monitor activities over accounts receivables to ensure timely payments.
- Monitor cash management operations.
- Monitor and oversee activities of foreign subsidiaries ensuring timely reporting and compliance on all fronts.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, combined with the ability to strategically manage financial activities in support of executive decision making and scale for growth
- Effective communication skills and ability to partner across all levels
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple activities, and achieve timely results
- Seven plus years of hands-on managerial accounting or public accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification or MBA a plus