BostonGene Corporation is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution continuously aggregates the latest cancer research and clinical information from around the world. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and integration of scientific and clinical knowledge.
This is a hands-on sales management role primarily responsible for the execution of the overall growth strategy for the Region. This role requires a hands-on approach heavily focused on joint sales calls, joint prospecting calls, and continuous improvement throughout the team. This role is responsible for identifying and communicating the needs and requirements of customers to ensure BostonGene gains a leadership position in the market. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 10 years of prior people leadership and an understanding of the oncology, pathology and/or diagnostic market.
- Meet or exceed the company's direct sales revenue targets.
- Develop regional sales strategy to deliver against direct sales revenue objectives.
- Establish senior level relationships within key accounts, being the only owner of these accounts.
- Successfully build, train and manage a sales team to meet and exceed volume and revenue objectives.
- Provide consistent marketplace feedback to support development of sales strategy that achieves revenue and volume objectives.
- Provide regular visibility for management and staff on industry trends, best practices, and competitive insights.
- Build and foster strong cross-functional internal relationships to facilitate efficient processes for product development, pipeline management, compensation plans, sales reporting, and revenue forecasting.
- Sell Oncology services and technology to physicians.
- Analyze business opportunities and develop strategic sales plans for assigned territory.
- Utilize understanding of and experience discussing the healthcare payer environment and its impact on physicians and ancillary providers.
- Develops and maintains "Core" knowledge of competitive products, services, technology solutions, and reimbursement/billing issues.
- Provides necessary and appropriate post-sales service to accounts, utilizing each opportunity to discover and pursue additional business.
- Provide meeting and trade show support as required.
- Supports physicians with the complexity of the ordering and interpretation of the BG platform, and QC report quality/accuracy which may require access to detailed protected health information (PHI).
- Engages with on-site hospital billing departments to follow-up on specific claim details to support proper hospital payment, as appropriate.
- 10+ years of prior people leadership preferred and an understanding of the oncology, pathology and/or diagnostic market.
- Possess a high degree of understanding the client relationship with Physicians, their needs, and how we can provide service and technology solutions for their oncology needs.
- Proven success with large, global, brand marketers and agencies.
- Passionate and engaging approach to working with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated decision making ability towards solving problems, while working under pressure and effectively communicating these solutions to co-workers and customers.
- General understanding of business policies and practices.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, MBA preferred