BostonGene Corporation is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution continuously aggregates the latest cancer research and clinical information from around the world. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and integration of scientific and clinical knowledge.
The HR Generalist is responsible for assisting the HR team with special projects, ad hoc reports, and employee relations. The HR Generalist will assist in the overall development and delivery of HR programs and services designed to meet the needs of the company.
- Interact with employees to ensure that HR is fully accessible to the organization
- Work effectively to use influence, teamwork, and customer service skills to align business needs with HR support and solutions within all levels of the organization
- Partner with peers to establish shared priorities and leverage best practices
- Fully utilize knowledge and experience in HR disciplines including employee relations, conflict resolution, staffing and relocations, training, organizational development, and compensation
- Serve as support contact for immigration cases, including the handling of US and global immigration cases from beginning to completion
- Create an effective employee relations environment that enables BostonGene to achieve its business objectives, build employee commitment, and minimize external influence
- Provide counsel to managers and staff in the development of performance goals, training, development plans, and development action plans
- Ensure that all HR programs and processes are executed in a manner that is consistent with policies, procedures, and all global employment laws
- Identify key business issues along with the related people, organizational, and cultural implications
- Identify, develop, and implement HR programs that support the business objectives and key performance priorities of the group/region
- Increase the effectiveness of HR programs and processes by training and counseling employees, provide feedback and analyses of current effectiveness and impact, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in HR required, preferably in multi-site/multi-state environments.
- Past experience working in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of HR related laws/regulations.
- Advanced computer literacy with specific proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated practical, hands-on, “can-do” approach, and the ability to work efficiently and creatively.
- Demonstrated aptitude in more than one area of human resources
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze various types of data information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish credibility with managers and employees.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently, work proactively, and to achieve results without close supervision.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple and simultaneous priorities, and prioritize a heavy workload in a fast paced, dynamic environment is required.
- Proven organizational skills and experience leading small-scale projects.
- Proactive approach towards improving processes and systems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, strong negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to identify and handle priority and/or sensitive issues with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree required