BostonGene Corporation is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution continuously aggregates the latest cancer research and clinical information from around the world. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics, and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and the integration of scientific and clinical knowledge.
The Laboratory Assistant will oversee the laboratory reagent and sample inventory, maintain critical laboratory equipment, and assist regulatory and clinical teams to ensure strict adherence to CAP/CLIA guidelines for molecular diagnostics. The Laboratory Assistant will also support the BostonGene Immunology R&D laboratory and Liquid Biopsy platform.
- Immunology sample tracking and inventory using Benchling
- Tracking and maintenance of Immunology laboratory reagents and consumables
- Maintain reagent and consumables inventory. Coordinate with the lab manager and purchasing department to order reagent lots in bulk and set up standing orders
- Keep up with instrument maintenance as well as schedule repairs and preventative maintenance with vendors
- Organize and maintain clinical/R&D immunology dedicated lab spaces to improve functionality and efficiency
- Assist laboratory personnel with CLIA/CAP Transition for newly validated LDTs
- Collaborate with Clinical Laboratory Operations and Regulatory staff to months or quality and integrity of Immunology assays, and quickly resolve issues when identified.
- Support the BostonGene Immunology R&D laboratory and Liquid Biopsy platform
- Assistant in the transition to an end-to-end barcoding-based system for sample and reagent tracking to be successful, the candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities. We are looking for a self-driven
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, with 1+ years of experience in an academic biomedical research, industry R&D, or clinical diagnostic laboratory
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Openness to learning and mastering new systems and approaches
- Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate resources based on group priorities
- Sharp attention to detail and consistent application of high professional standards
- Experience with Benchling software preferred
- Familiarity with the clinical laboratory environment and documentation
- Familiarity with experimental immunology and flow cytometry
- Self driven highly-motivated team player with a proven ability to multitask