BostonGene Corporation is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in the fight against cancer. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and integration of scientific and clinical knowledge.
BostonGene is seeking a Molecular Cancer Biology Analyst to join our growing department. Our molecular analytics team is responsible for bringing together all the most recent findings in cancer research and the creation of our cancer biomarkers database.
- Study the basics of tumor oncogenesis, participating in projects aimed to discover personalized biomarkers of therapeutic efficacy
- Analysis of tumor biology
- Analyze scientific literature and expand the BostonGene knowledge base on oncogenesis and the tumor’s molecular and cellular characteristics
- Analyze the mechanism of the action of drugs at the molecular and cellular level
- Participate in the development of a model to describe molecular and cellular properties of a tumor
- Technical support of the BostonGene knowledge base: ○ Analysis of annotation errors both manual and automated
- Working knowledge with the fundamentals of immunology and cell biology
- Deep understanding of molecular biology and cell signaling
- Proficiency with the molecular basics of modern targeted and immune antitumor therapies is a plus
- Experience with scientific databases
- Background in experimental work in biochemistry and/or molecular biology is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Python and/or Linux command line is preferred
- BS or MS in Biological sciences