BostonGene Corporation is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision making in the fight against cancer. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and integration of scientific and clinical knowledge
To develop and enhance a strong network of Key Opinion Leaders to support the commercial and scientific efforts and objectives of BostonGene. This requires the initiating and sustaining of an exchange of scientific information with key external customers and internal teams.
To support Molecular Tumor Boards (MTBs) with medical centers and clinicians and contribute to product development.
- Provide strategic alliance management, complex and multi-institutional program coordination, project management, clinical decision support and scientific outreach
- Identify and establish relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, clinical and research leaders including academicians, clinicians, medical directors and other health care providers.
- Gain customer feedback, uncover business opportunities and pair customer's unmet needs with available internal resources
- Provide prompt response to scientific inquiries from health care provider customers
- Manage project from initiation to execution (involving development and negotiation of research and clinical study contracts, data sharing and other agreements, overseeing data transfer, results delivery, manuscript/presentation preparation, project branching and completion)
- Ensure projects stay on schedule and budget by managing internal/external resources.
- Manage projects from initiation to completion (with completion meaning a scientific publication, presentation, a well-documented feedback, etc.)
- Ensure projects and their budget stay on schedule by actively managing internal/external resources.
- Assist with identification of investigator-initiated studies, guiding through the approval process and monitoring study progress
- Prepare and conduct MTBs with existing and prospective collaborators. This includes the coordination of recurring or ‘on-demand’ MTBs, direct communication with treating physicians about BostonGene test results and report content and follow up on questions or requests by the physicians
- Assist to the development of BostonGene test report. This include participation in design review and content creation of the report as needed, as well as reaching out and collecting feedback from physicians about the report.
- Conduct scientific presentations to health care providers, emphasizing the medical and scientific strengths of the company’s existing products, as well as with any future company development initiatives
- Facilitate BostonGene’s involvement in national, regional and local scientific forums including symposia, tumor boards and training meetings
- Contribute scientific content for promotional materials, provide competitive insight and work with managers to provide leadership and strategies to develop advocates for the company
- Develop and create materials such as slide decks, training materials, white papers, monographs, case report summaries, clinical synopses
- PhD in cancer biology or related fields preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in cancer research, cancer genomics or translational oncology after graduation
- Thorough understanding of the field of clinical oncology; knowledge of immune- and targeted therapy
- Business acumen (market analysis, market access strategy, territory planning) combined with exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding work ethics
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing highly desirable
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Self-driven, highly motivated and team player with a proven ability to multitask