BostonGene Corporation is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution continuously aggregates the latest cancer research and clinical information worldwide. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in evaluating viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and the integration of scientific and clinical knowledge.
This is a sales management role primarily responsible for the execution of the overall growth strategy for business development pertaining to the academic and pharmaceutical/biotech industries. This role requires a hands-on approach heavily focused on joint sales calls, joint prospecting calls, and continuous improvement throughout the team. This role is responsible for identifying and communicating the needs and requirements of customers to ensure BostonGene gains a leadership position in the market. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years of prior people leadership and an understanding of the oncology, pathology, and/or diagnostic market.
- Bring a deep knowledge base of industry, customer/competitor strategy, and oncology therapeutic development trends to advise pharma/biotech partners on innovative partnership opportunities.
- Partner closely with senior pharma/biotech leaders and lead efforts to translate customer needs into concrete collaboration opportunities with BostonGene.
- Develop regional sales strategy to deliver against direct sales revenue objectives.
- Establish senior-level relationships within key accounts.
- Provide consistent marketplace feedback to support the development of a sales strategy that achieves revenue and volume objectives.
- Provide regular visibility for management and staff on industry trends, best practices, and competitive insights.
- Build and foster strong cross-functional internal relationships to facilitate efficient processes for product development, pipeline management, compensation plans, sales reporting, and revenue forecasting.
- Analyze business opportunities and develop strategic sales plans for the US.
- Advise the Senior Management Team on relevant client or market concerns.
- Develops and maintains "Core" knowledge of competitive products, services, technology solutions, and reimbursement/billing issues.
- Provides necessary and appropriate post-sales service to accounts, utilizing each opportunity to discover and pursue additional business.
- 5+ years of experience partnering and selling directly into academic, pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Proven ability to lead strategic engagement within biopharma and academia partners utilizing real-world clinical and genomic data.
- Past experience and success in hitting and/or over-achieving aggressive sales quotas.
- Passionate and engaging approach to working with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability towards solving problems, while working under pressure and effectively communicating these solutions to co-workers and customers.
- General understanding of business policies and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet for business use.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university