BostonGene is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution integrates cutting-edge multi-omic molecular diagnostics with a constantly evolving aggregation of the latest
cancer research and clinical information from around the world. The BostonGene platform performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in evaluating viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor, tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics, and
immune status. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival by combining cutting-edge molecular diagnostics with advanced analytics to select optimal personalized therapies for cancer.
BostonGene is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our R&D team in our laboratory located in Waltham, MA. This candidate will support BostonGene’s state-of-the-art primary next-generation sequencing (NGS), adjunct analytical platforms, and automated analysis
pipelines. The candidate will be expected to develop proficiencies in NGS support protocols, such as RNA and DNA isolation from tissue, cell-free DNA isolation from plasma, Whole Exome and RNA-Seq library preparation, qPCR, Molecular Biology techniques, and other sample QC techniques.
- Participate in the development of a cutting-edge diagnostic platform for the cellular and molecular analysis of cancer by establishing robust procedures for NGS techniques and protocols.
- Perform Nucleic Acid Extractions.
- Optimize and improve different nucleic acid extraction platforms from different tissue types.
- Manage sample inventory and contribute to organization of Fee For Service collaborations.
- Execute experiments, analyze raw data, produce QC reports, and experimental results within project deadlines.
- NGS library Prep, final QC and operating Illumina sequencers.
- Participate in the planning and design of new experiments.
- Assist in the development of laboratory SOPs.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and perform troubleshooting independently.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with standard laboratory procedures, study protocols, and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in biology, clinical laboratory science, medical technology, or related discipline with 0-2 years of experience in biomedical science.
- Openness to learning and mastering new research techniques and approaches.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and a team player with a proven ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate effectively to colleagues and staff across different scientific disciplines and coordinate based on company goals.
- Ability to develop, prepare, and implement laboratory SOPs.
- Sharp attention to detail and dedication to the highest standards of research quality.
- Familiarity with experimental molecular biology and immunology.
- Familiarity with nucleic acid isolation from cells, PCR, qPCR, and other basic molecular biology techniques.