BostonGene is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution integrates cutting-edge multi-omic molecular diagnostics with a constantly evolving aggregation of the latest cancer research and clinical information from around the world. The BostonGene platform performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor, tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics, and immune status. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival by combining cutting-edge molecular diagnostics with advanced analytics to select optimal personalized therapies for cancer.
BostonGene is seeking a highly motivated Automation Scientist/Engineer to join our R&D team in our laboratory located in Waltham, MA. This candidate will support BostonGene’s state-of-the-art primary next-generation sequencing (NGS)/Immunology, adjunct analytical platforms, and automated analysis pipelines. The candidate will be expected to develop automated workflows and platforms to support NGS/Immunology protocols, such as RNA and DNA isolation from tissue, cell-free DNA isolation from plasma, library preparation, QC, and other manual lab processes.
- Development of automated platforms for NGS/Immunology techniques and protocols on different liquid handlers including Hamilton and Agilent Bravo
- Establish and expand automation for Fee-For-Service projects
- Automate liquid biopsy assays such as plasma isolation, cfDNA/WBC DNA isolation, and Library Preparation
- Automate additional manual processes including but not limited to antibody dilutions/preparation
- Participate in the planning and design of automation for new experiments
- Work with the LIMS development team to integrate automation and equipment with LIMS
- Assist in the development of laboratory SOPs.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and perform troubleshooting independently.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with standard laboratory procedures, study protocols, and regulatory compliance.
- Support lab teams with Hamilton and Agilent Bravo user handling, training, and troubleshooting
- Continually assess new products that could improve the BostonGene workflows.
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in biology, clinical laboratory science, medical technology or related discipline with 2-5 years of experience in biomedical science.
- Previous experience in laboratory automation with Hamilton and/or Bravo is required
- Programming experience is highly desirable, but not required.
- Openness to learning and mastering new research techniques and approaches.
- Ability to communicate effectively to colleagues and staff across different scientific disciplines and coordinate based on company goals.
- Self-driven, highly motivated and team player with a proven ability to multitask.
- Ability to develop, prepare, and implement laboratory SOPs.
- Sharp attention to detail and dedication to the highest standards of research quality.
- Familiarity with experimental molecular biology and immunology.
- Familiarity with nucleic acid isolation from cells, PCR, qPCR and other basic molecular biology techniques.