BostonGene is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in
the fight against cancer. Our unique solution integrates cutting-edge multiomic molecular diagnostics with a constantly evolving
aggregation of the latest cancer research and clinical information from around the world. The BostonGene platform performs
sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in evaluating viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor and
tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics, immune status, and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies
via sophisticated analytics and the integration of scientific and clinical knowledge.
The candidate will report to the Director of Immunology and support BostonGene’s Immunology R&D laboratory and
Liquid Biopsy platform. The candidate will develop and implement flow cytometry and next-generation sequencing assays
in our cutting-edge research and clinical laboratory. This candidate will work closely with the NGS team to develop and
validate cell free DNA and RNA assays and automate these tests when possible. This candidate will be expected to
develop and support high-priority projects with minimal supervision. The candidate will work to validate assays under
CAP/CLIA guidelines for molecular diagnostics when appropriate. Additionally, the candidate will need to become
proficient with Benchling software, and end-to-end barcoding-based sample and reagent tracking. To be
successful, this candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities. We are looking for a self-driven,
highly-motivated team player with a proven multitasking ability and excellent communication skills.
- Develop and optimize diagnostic tests for the clinical testing, through the establishment of Immunology and NGS techniques and protocols in support of our Liquid Biopsy platform.
- Plan and execute experiments to validate immunology and NGS assays.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with standard laboratory procedures, study protocols, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform primary cell isolation from blood, for subsequent immune cell analysis using flow cytometry.
- Refine existing and establish new Immunology laboratory SOPs.
- Work closely with BG computational biologists and bioinformatics specialists to meet project goals.
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in biology, clinical laboratory science, medical technology or related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in biotech/pharma.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Openness to learning and mastering new research techniques and approaches.
- Self-driven, highly motivated and team player with a proven ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate effectively to colleagues and staff across different scientific disciplines and coordinate based on company goals.
- Ability to develop, prepare, and implement laboratory SOPs.
- Sharp attention to detail and dedication to the highest standards of research quality.
- Deep experience in molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Experience with nucleic acid isolation from cells, and tissues.
- Experience with the isolation of cells and plasma from peripheral blood.
- Experience with Benchling software.