BostonGene is pioneering biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision-making in the fight against cancer. Our unique solution continuously aggregates the latest cancer research and clinical information worldwide. BostonGene’s unique solution performs sophisticated analytics to aid clinicians in evaluating viable treatment options for each patient’s genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics and disease profile. BostonGene’s mission is to enable physicians to provide every patient with the highest probability of survival through optimal cancer treatments using advanced, personalized therapies via sophisticated analytics and integrating scientific and clinical knowledge.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years of prior sales experience with working knowledge of the diagnostic oncology local NY/NJ market.
The Strategic Account Manager’s primarily responsible for the execution of the overall growth strategy for the region. This role requires a hands-on approach heavily focused on client engagements, managing existing clients while also bringing new opportunities to the company.
- Meet or exceed the company's direct sales revenue targets.
- Develop a regional sales strategy to deliver against direct sales revenue objectives.
- Establish senior-level relationships within key accounts.
- Sell Oncology services and technology to physicians.
- Provide consistent marketplace feedback to support the development of a sales strategy that achieves revenue and volume objectives.
- Provide regular visibility for management and staff on industry trends, best practices, and competitive insights.
- Build and foster strong cross-functional internal relationships to facilitate efficient processes for product development, pipeline management, compensation plans, sales reporting, and revenue forecasting.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Develops and maintains "Core" knowledge of competitive products, services, technology solutions, and reimbursement/billing issues.
- Provides necessary and appropriate post-sales service to accounts, utilizing each opportunity to discover and pursue additional business.
- Demonstrates a deep level of knowledge of oncology, technology solutions, and competitive strategies through the use of company resources, on-the-job training, in-house literature, marketing material, and sales brochures.
- Provide meeting and trade show support as required.
- Supports physicians with the complexity of the ordering and interpretation of the BG platform, and QC report quality/accuracy which may require access to detailed protected health information (PHI).
- Engages with on-site hospital billing departments to follow up on specific claim details to support proper hospital payment, as appropriate.
- 5+ years of prior sales experience within the diagnostic oncology market.
- Possess a high degree of understanding of the client relationship with Physicians, their needs, and how we can provide service and technology solutions for their oncology needs.
- Passionate and engaging approach to working with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability towards solving problems, while working under pressure and effectively communicating these solutions to co-workers and customers.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, quota-driven environment.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, MBA preferred